Review: Beneath the Hood

Beneath the Hood Beneath the Hood by Emily McIntire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you haven't read Emily's work yet shame on you! At least add them to your TBR pile or Amazon list.

She is brilliant! Romance, pain, real issues, humor.... her books have it all.

Beneath the Hood. Jackson aka Jax... we catch glimpses of him in the first of the Sugarlake series. Hot. Quick wit comments (that I love). Works on cars. Fell in love with his ex best friend's girl... moves out to California to live his dad's dream of having his rebuilt cars in the movies and to hopefully heal his broken heart.

Enters Blakely. Spoiled. Privileged. Young. Annoying. Celebrity influencer. The bosses daughter.
Turns out she isn't so annoying... turns out there is more to her than she lets the world see, what anyone close to her even sees.

Jackson sees.

Y'all, this was my favorite so far! The steam was awesome. I was crying while reading several different parts. There are some real issues so be aware it discusses eating disorders.

And can I just tell you, I could never be a social media influencer unless they needed some real life. No makeup, same sweats for days, clean hair... what's that? Some extra flub in the middle and the only exercise that is done? Chasing kids and having sex.

View all my reviews

Comments