Eight Months Already???

You hear it constantly. Phrases that even if the person doesn't know you feels the need to tell you.

 'It goes by fast. Don't blink. Enjoy it while it lasts.'

It sometimes annoys me when people tell me that. Sometimes I want to reply, "No really?! I thought she would stay this age forever!'  But these people I will never see again speak the truth.

                                Hunter turned 8 months last Thursday on the 4th. EIGHT MONTHS!

This sweet little girl of ours is now army crawling like crazy. The other night, Josh saw her crawl, up on the knees kind of crawl. For me, she continues to army crawl her way around.  Teething has come on full force. Her bottom right tooth is coming through and you can see the beginnings of the bottom left. She waves & 'talks' on the phone. Pretty sure she says hi, but that could just be us as parents wanting to hear that. She occasionally says Mum Mum Mum mum. Again not sure if she knows what she is saying...

A little video recorded on September 19th. The first day she started moving around.

To celebrate her 8 month birthday, I loaded up the car and headed southwest to Abilene, Texas.  A long trip, with an 8month old, by myself. One might think I was crazy to take that drive, but it wasn't so bad. (I did learn that when you have a crying baby in the backseat, it can get you out of a speeding ticket, even one going 14mph over & no proof of insurance on hand!)
This was Hunter's second trip to her Granny's hometown. The first trip made back in June was for my Papa's funeral, but this time was a celebration. One of my most dear friends from school D'Lynn Greenhaw (now Lane), got married on Saturday the 6th. I was honored to be one of her bridesmaids. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding! And even though I was the 'Forgotten Bridesmaid' I had a wonderful time & loved my shoes.   ;)
Hunter enjoyed herself as well. My Aunt Jan, who was taking care of Hunter for me, brought her to the wedding. Hunter talked the WHOLE ENTIRE TIME. Blabbling away before, during and after the service. We definitely have a talker on our hands!


I'll leave you with a little picture. One that Erin Forkner took & calls her Old Man Face.



Comments