All rolled into one

When I started this blog, I had full intentions of writing a new one every week or so. Has that happened? Absolutely not. But I do create posts in my head as something happens, they just never make it here. The last blog I posted was when Hunter turned eight months. She is now eleven months. We have went through her first Thanksgiving, her first Christmas, her first new years (she woke me up in time to bring it in), her standing on her own for a few seconds (January 3rd), her learning to actually clap (January 8th : before she would tap the back of her hand with the other, a very dainty clap it was). So many milestones she has hit that I had hopes of recording on here. That's life though, right?

Christmas was a blast with her. All four of them! I don't think I have been as excited for a Christmas since I was little girl. She didn't care to much for opening her presents unless she could see what was in it. Hunter loved to help others check out their gifts though. Before our little girl had simple, nice, quiet toys. No longer. I'm pretty sure everything she got makes noise.




New years...I have never been one to make or definitely keep resolutions, but there are some things I would like to work on through out the year.
  • Be a better housekeeper, especially when it comes to laundry. So far I think I'm doing alright. I would like to do at least 3 loads a week from start to finish. I usually have no trouble washing them it is the putting up part I just can't seem to manage. I guess it comes down to laziness. I mean really, how hard it is to hang up stuff?
  • Have savings. I am not the greatest money manager, but I use to have a savings account until I had Hunter and while on maternity leave it slowly dwindled down and I just haven't been able to start it back up. I saw a post on Facebook about saving the dollar amount of whatever week it was. For example week one you save $1, week two $2...week forty  $40... etc up to week 52. It is over $1000 in Savings. Wouldn't that be nice?
  • I also want to actually make some of my Pinterest projects and recipes I have pinned.
  • Organize Hunter's baby things - baby book - holiday cards she has received - and pictures.
  • Exercise - at least once a week - This body might be small, but it is not even close to being in shape.
Oh I'm sure there are lots more things I need to work on, but these are one that weigh on my mind often.


Now...more stressful but fun & exciting things are coming up this year. Hunter turns one on February 4th. GASP! My baby is turning ONE! Has it really been almost a year since I gave birth to the most beautiful wide-eyed baby? I haven't really had issues with getting older myself (mainly because I am staying 23), but the thought of Hunter getting older sends me into a little panic. Too fast, time just goes too fast. Also how come no ever mentioned how stressful it is to plan a birthday party? At times Pinterest is a blessing...other times a curse with all its awesome decorating ideas and cakes.

Having Fun with Aunt Amber


Another thing on our list that is super stressful...WEDDING! WOOO bring on June 22nd! :)   Planning is in full force (even if it doesn't seem like it). I'm trying to do one thing at time. I have a bad habit of starting this but never finishing before I start with that (kind of like housework). I need to make lists and check things off as I decide or order or buy them. Despite how stressful it is at the time, I can not wait!

2013 is going to be full of fun and excitement and I really can't wait to see what else this year brings for me and my family.  And it's an odd / prime number year! That right there means it will be awesome!

     

Comments

  1. Happy Wedding year! Can't believe Little Miss is so grown up already. I nominated you for the Liedster Award. Check out my blog for the details!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment