What's on my reading list - September

How sad. This blog was started years ago to document our growing family, touch base with Origami owl news, and just want ever I feel I needed to get off my chest. I constantly think of things I want to write about, milestones I want to document, but it never seems to happen.  I have written ONE, ONE blog post this year. We are almost in October!



If you know me at all, you know I'm a reader. I love almost every type of book. I usually prefer some romance, some mystery, some humor, books that make me feel all the feels are my favorite. Honestly, as long as it isn't a lot of science fiction, I'll read it. Reading helps me destress, helps me relax, to calm any anxiousness I have going on. I can lose myself in the story, in the characters. Mom used to take me to the library when I was little and I remember checking out 12 books at a time. Those 12 books would be finished before a weeks time. I can read for hours, for days at a time. With Fall finally making its appearance, I would love nothing more than a fireplace, some hot tea (and a Dr. Pepper), blankets and several good books with no interruptions.

Lately, I'm on a Becki Willis kick. She is an award-winning author from Texas. She mentioned a few of my favorite Texas music artists in a book and then one artist posted a photo on Instagram. So typical me, I followed the link, checked out her website, and found out her books are on Amazon - Kindle Unlimited. BOOM! Bonus points, that means I can 'rent' the book since I subscribe to Kindle Unlimited.


If you are not subscribed to Kindle Unlimited you need to be. You don't need a tablet or a Kindle reading device, I downloaded the free Kindle app on my phone. A small monthly fee is pretty cost effective if you read multiple books throughout the month. You can find details by clicking here.   I love having books at my fingertips, yes, I prefer to hold the hard copy in my hand, to feel the pages, the way a new or old book smells... but I can't afford to be purchasing 1-3 books a week (sometimes more)! And I have zero to no space for more books, someday when I have a small library in my house... watch out Josh because the books will be rolling in. HA!

Anyways back to my new favorite series. The first book I read by Becki Willis (plus awesome last name), was Chicken Scratch: The Sisters, Texas Series.  A little background - a newly widowed mother moved her two teenagers back to her small hometown. From there she starts up a 'jack of all trades' kind of business and ends up with jobs that get her into hot water more often than not.



These books are easy reads but can keep you at the edge of your seat so much so that you won't want to put them down. I may or may not have a read a couple in a day. They make you laugh, make you cry, they will make you chew your nails in anticipation.  They keep you guessing which I love. I will say though, with my expert PI skills I have figured out a couple ahead of time.

There are currently seven books and I'm itching for the next to come out. While I'm waiting I'm reading up on all her other books. I have read them all but the Mirrors Don't Lie Series and I just started it a few days ago and I'm hooked already. I can't figure it out, not even a little bit, definitely makes me want to read every chance I get.



So who wants my kids for a few nights and who wants to get all my laundry done so I can live my dream of just laying around and reading? (Bring on retirement right?) I know, I know, I'm hysterical. I have tied links to Kindle Unlimited, and the books mentioned so you just have to click on them and it will take you straight to them on Amazon.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

What's on your reading list for this month or for October? I would love to know so I can check it out. I'm always up for new reads!


This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com.  As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.

Comments